LEAD – LEVERAGE, EMPOWER, ACTIVATE AND DEVELOP YOUTH LEADERS OF TOMORROW
HINDU TEMPLE OF DAYTON YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
EMPOWERING YOUTH OF TODAY FOR STRONGER LEADERS OF TOMORROW
Temple is initiating a special program for Hindu youth (High Schoolers) of Greater Dayton to join and work with HCO Board members in a 6-month internship program. This internship is a great opportunity for youth to learn and engage in the Hindu community of greater Dayton and work along with the HCO board members in promoting the Hindu culture, religion and philosophy.
- Engage the Hindu youth of the greater Dayton area to participate, commit, and contribute to the Hindu community and the Hindu religion while gaining leadership skills.
- Serve as a platform for the expression of thoughts and views of the Hindu youth, while encouraging them to preserve Hindu culture and heritage.
- Develop and promote a positive outlook on life so the Hindu youth of today will be ready to take on the mantle as leaders of tomorrow’s Hindu community.
- Tap the boundless energy, creativity, and ideas of Hindu Youth and fully harness their potential to work for a stronger Hindu community
- Hindu Temple Youth member will work on one or more projects during the 6-month internship period. In each project youth member will work with the board, priests, their peers and other community members.
- Youth member will lead the project towards defined goals and objectives with the help and guidance from an assigned board member.
Expected Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per week.
Projects Ideas: Youth members can bring innovative project ideas to the HCO board or pick from projects identified by the HCO board.
Project ideas can be related to, but not limited to-
- Launching & supporting Temple ‘s new Mobile App
- American Hindu Identity and challenges,
- Seva Projects in the community,
- Sanatan Dharma understanding and Teachings,
- Helping Elderly, Hungry and Poor.
- Involvement in Various City and Interfaith Projects representing Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism.
- Beautification and improvement of Temple.
- Working with Priests. Understanding Karmakanda vs Gyan Kanda of Vedas.
Youth members will benefit from the internship program in multiple ways.
- Internship stipend of $500
- Skill development in Leadership Role, Help with College Application, Opportunity to excel in your areas of interest, Writing, Public Speaking, Politics, Journalism, Politics. Etc
- Gain volunteer hours
- Networking with Hindu & Non-Hindu Communities.
- Understanding & Pride in Hindu Dharma/Indian Civilization, History
You can call one of the following board members for questions or clarification
- Ravi C Khanna 937-206-1487
- Ajay Jindal 937-848-0055
- Arun Aggarwal 937-838-1264